Ad hoc support for NDCs, LT LEDS and transparency systems
Do you need support in designing, implementing or updating your Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC), low emission development strategy (LEDS) or transparency systems? The Climate Helpdesk is available. It is a global advisory network providing rapid, high quality, short-term technical assistance for developing countries. The Climate Helpdesk is a joint service offered by three global initiatives: NDC Support Cluster, LEDS GP and Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (PATPA) in cooperation with the NDC Partnership. The Secretariat of the Climate Helpdesk is hosted by the GIZ Support Project for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (SPA).
Climate Helpdesk in action
The Climate Helpdesk provides assistance supporting partner countries on the following topics:
- Tools for NDC updates and NDC implementation such as for assessing LEDS/NDCs baselines, goals, technology, policy options, pathways, and impacts,
- Strategies and measures for mobilising private and public investment in NDC and LEDS priorities,
- Methods and resources for linking national and subnational governments in the LEDS and NDC planning and implementation processes,
- Policies and programmes for implementing climate resilient low-emission measures in the energy, waste, agriculture, forestry and other land use (AFOLU) and transport sectors,
- Alignment of NDCs and LTS,
- Review of GHG inventories for specific sectors,
- Establishing sustainable and robust transparency systems, including appropriate institutional arrangements,
- Preparation for the submission of Biennial Update Report (BUR) and in the future Biennial Transparency Report (BTR) and,
- M&E of adaptation.
The Climate Helpdesk accepts requests from developing countries and government agencies. Technical and other institutions and organisations, that are working directly with national governments to plan and implement their NDCs, LEDS or transparency systems, may also request support, if endorsed by the national UNFCCC focal point or the Ministry of Environment .
To request support, please fill in the concept note provided at the top-right of this page and email it to email@example.com.