Peru ratified the Paris Agreement on 25 July 2016, turning the INDC into its NDC, which is available on the UNFCCC website.
- Reduce GHG emissions by 20% (or 30% with international support) by 2030 compared to the BAU scenario
- No market mechanism is envisaged, but neither is it precluded
- The LULUCF sector is included
- Adaptation: a focus on five priority topics and cross-cutting issues (disaster risk management, resilient infrastructure, poverty reduction, gender and interculturality, private investment in adaptation)
- The NDC includes an economy-wide mitigation target
- Priority sectors regarding mitigation of GHG: LULUCF, Energy (incl. Transportation), Agriculture, Waste and Industrial Processes
- Priority sectors regarding adaptation targets: Water, Agriculture, Fishery, Forestry, Health