Kenya ratified the Paris Agreement on 28 December 2016, turning the INDC into its NDC, available at the UNFCCC website.
- Conditional target if international support is provided: Reduce GHG emissions by 30% compared to BAU scenario of 143 MtCO2eq by 2030
- Introduction of international market-based instruments not precluded
- LULUCF sector included
- Adaptation targets build on Kenya’s National Climate Change Action Plan (NCCAP) and the National Adaptation Plan (NAP); goal to mainstream climate change adaptation into the Medium Term Plans (MTPs)
- Priority sectors regarding mitigation targets:
Energy; Transportation; Industrial Processes; Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU); Waste
- Adaptation targets that are supposed to be mainstreamed into the Medium Term Plans. Risk and vulnerability assessments across the MTP sectors are planned.